Add your own intro here (Customize using Settings -> General -> Tagline)

Inquiry – Week 3

Buenas tardes (good afternoon)

This week to progress my inquiry on learning Spanish, I completed a Duolingo lesson. This lesson focused on the Spanish words for man, woman, boy, and girl. The gender of these words (el, la, un, una) are the basis of the Spanish language. The majority of other words are either masculine or feminine. Once you understand this then you can progress into more complex words and sentence structures. This blog explains the importance of masculine and feminine in Spanish, Masculine and Feminine Spanish: 3 Details That Are Often Overlooked | FluentU Spanish.

Below is a video of a Spanish lesson on determining if a noun is masculine or feminine. I find this video to be very useful and very explanatory.

I find all the resources that I have listed above to be very beneficial to my inquiry learning process. From here, I feel confident in moving forward to basic verb structures, such as the present. It is important to have a deep understanding of the basics of a language before processing to more complex components. For me, I have found that the masculine and feminine nouns in the Spanish language to be very straightforward as this is my third language. I am bilingual in French and English, so I find Spanish to share similar aspects with French.

I hope to keep processing my learning of Spanish as it is such a beautiful language.

Hasta luego (see you later),

Kyra

Previous

So what is screencasting?!

Next

Weekly Blog 4

1. mars4

Kyra this post is great! I have heard that learning a third language is easier than learning your second, which seems evident in your post. It’s great that you have been able to make connections between French and Spanish, ie. Masculine and feminine nouns. I am looking forward to following along on your journey!